Canada is arguably the world’s most diverse nation; full of different personalities, hopes, goals, and dreams. The one thing linking us together is that the only way to realize these ambitions is through a steady stream of income. We all know that in this current economic climate it’s never been harder for Canadians to save money but, luckily, some platforms help to make, save and grow your money.
- Have a university degree and some teaching and/or tutoring experience? You are only a few clicks away from teaching English online to children through VIPKid. This platform gives you the opportunity to teach when and where you want, while getting up to $22/hour. Plus, there are lots of incentives and opportunities to pad your bank account.
- If teaching English is not your bag, sign up through Course Hero and tutor other subjects like calculus, chemistry, US history- the options are endless! You will work with students, as much or as little as you would like, giving clarity to their university level courses.
- Like most Canadians, you probably don’t feel heard enough. Well, with Maru Voice CA, you can share your thoughts and opinions on a variety of topics and get paid! You’ll take surveys which help shape the ideas of businesses across Canada and the US- while making some extra coin.
- For those who have always dreamt of owning a business, look no further. Through Ownr, a simple and affordable platform, you can bring your innovative ideas to life in a matter of minutes.
- Sick of having to convert your points for cash? Download Paymi, a shopper marketing program which puts dollar for dollar money back in consumers’ pockets through in-person and online purchases. Put simply, get paid to shop- it’s that easy.
- No matter your political views, most of us feel the need to save energy and minimize our carbon footprint. With OHMConnect, you’re given the tools which will help use your energy when it’s cleanest and will reward you through cash incentives for energy reductions.
Grow Your Money
- Invest your spare change and grow your money with Mylo. This app rounds your purchases to the nearest dollar and invests the spare change for you. Pro tip: this app also offers fast withdrawals- so you won’t spend time waiting on that hard-earned cash!
- Most Canadians have no idea what their credit score is, or why it’s so important. With Borrowell, you can get a free credit score and report monitoring along with tips on how to improve your score and what it means for you.
It’s never been easier to have a good understanding of your finances or to learn how to improve them. These simple programs can give you the edge that you need to achieve your goals over the next 20 years. Don’t let your salary or situation define your potential. By making every penny count, you are investing in a future curated solely by you.