We get it. You want to make money from home doing something you love. With so many online teaching companies out there, it is hard to zero in on the right one for you. Enter VIPX, the newest brainchild of TAL Education. One of the downsides of the online teaching game is the unpredictability of weekly bookings. VIPX has done away with that so that you can make money from home with a predictable schedule. What sets this company apart is their superior hiring standards, a 90% booking rate, and the ability for upward mobility within one of China’s largest companies. Another win for VIPX is all of their classes are 1:1, and 40 minutes long. This gives you the ability to develop a strong and lasting rapport with your students.
So, what do I need?
There are just a few things that you need if you want to make money from home with VIPX. You must have the ability to connect with people. No brainer, right?
You must be a native English speaker from the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand. If this doesn’t apply to you, check out our teaching opportunities for global teachers. You’ll also need a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (education, psychology, early child care education, etc.) This next requirement is something that is mandatory for all online English companies in China, which is a minimum of 120 hour TEFL certification. Not sure what TEFL is? Click here. Finally, you need up to date knowledge of the best teaching practices.
I want to make money from home with VIPX…am I qualified?
VIPX only hires the most qualified teachers and pays them accordingly. Teachers can get paid up to $22/hour. VIPX sweetens the pot with an additional $2 bonus for each class you are on time for.
Since VIPX provides its teachers with reading-based lessons ahead of time, there is no additional planning required. The only thing, outside of the 40-minute lessons, which you are required to do is to provide feedback on each lesson within 24 hours. Pro tip- get the feedback in as soon as you finish the lesson while it is fresh in your mind.
Let’s talk schedule
VIPX’s hours are pretty standard in the online teaching world, which is great for those looking to make money from home in the wee hours of the morning. Peak hours are between 9:00 am-12:00 pm Beijing time and 6:00 pm- 9:00 pm Beijing time. Over time, and with lots of coffee, these early mornings will be a cinch!
Cut to the chase. How do I get started?
VIPX does have a slightly more intensive recruitment and training process but that is because they are after the highest caliber of teacher out there. It’s not rocket science, though, so just follow these easy steps and you’ll be a VIPX teacher in no time:
- Go to THIS website and fill out a quick application form. In order to move onto the next step, you will need to upload your resume, so don’t forget!
- A recruiter will contact you within days to schedule a 45-minute interview. You’ll be given a short teaching activity ahead of time to practice and then execute the day of your interview.
Tips to nailing your interview:
- TPR! If you are unsure of what this acronym is, click HERE.
- Bring out your enthusiastic and bubbly self!
- Don’t be afraid to give out those virtual high fives.
- Get to know your mock student by starting with small talk and slowly getting into the lesson.
From here, if you pass the interview, you’ll be invited to participate in VIPX training. Once this is complete, you’ll perform a demo showcasing your skills. To nail your demo, take note of all of the interview tips but be sure to also correct your students. Let your student finish, and then give positive feedback without repeating the error. It is always best practice to model the correct wording and have the student repeat back to you. Follow these steps, and you’ll make money from home with VIPX in no time!
- What sets VIPX apart is its 6-month semesters. Parents can sign students up for an entire semester, which means you will always have work.
- There are ample opportunities for professional development and growth within the company.
- VIPX prefers that teachers have a degree related to education.
- Regular students mean it is more difficult to take time off. You need to give 24 hours’ notice if you are sick or are going to miss a class and a month’s notice if you are going to be away.
From what I’ve seen, teachers love working for VIPX because of their high standards, predictable bookings, and the opportunity to really get to know their students. This company is for those who are looking for steady work since students are so regular. If that is you, stop reading and get applying now!